Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tracing My Ancestry:11 Generations from Null, Workman, Cox to Graham

I am an American and for being so I was surprised that I could trace my ancestry all the way back to early 1700 Europe. America is a 'melting pot' of the old country, we are intermixed and intermingled by definition. Being able to trace my roots came easier than I thought because of the computer and the instant information age we live in. Here are eleven generations running through my mother and her mother's father and his father, and his father's father and so forth .
I will start with a pic of my grand daughter Rosie. 

2: Her mother Angie Cox/Graham

3: Me

My Mother
4: LuLu Workman/Cox/Sizemore
my father Carlos Cox

LuLu's mother&father
5:Grandmother Iva Null/Hicks/Workman
and Grandfather Gilbert Workman

Iva's mother
6: Great Grandmother Josephine (Beanie) Null

Beanie's father
7: My great-great grandfather was John H. Null born 1854 in Va.
John's father
8: My great-great-great grandfather was Henry Null born 1822 in Va.
Henry's father
9: My great-great-great-great grandfather was Phillip Null Jr. born 1790 in Va.
Phillip Jr.'s father
10: My great-great-great-great-great grandfather was my Honored ancestor Captain Phillip Null Sr. born 1752 in Va.
A Revolutionary soldier Capt. Null served under Geo.Washington and supposedly crossed the Delaware w/Washington and fought in the battle of Trenton.
Phillip Sr.'s father
11: My great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather was John H. Null died 1765. He immigrated to the British colonies in America from Alsace-Loraine France.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, my grandfathers mother was Iva Null !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gary I think the last time we saw each other was in Durham when you lived out in the country would love to see you and all your family again I now live in Clinton s.c I know you live in Willington n.c. I think that's right.

    ReplyDelete