Sunday, April 22, 2012

TV: Dark Shadows Vampire Barnabas Collins Dies-Johnathan Frid was 87

When I was a kid I'd rush home from school, drop my books, turn on the TV, go get a snack, and sit down to watch Dark Shadows. I never missed this macabre soap opera. I was pleased to hear that there is a movie in the works starring Johnny Depp. I'm, saddened to know my favourite vampire has passed away.
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Jonathan Frid, a Canadian actor who played the emotionally complex vampire Barnabas Collins in the 1960s daytime television serial "Dark Shadows," has died, the Los Angeles Times reported. He was 87.
Frid died of natural causes on April 13 in his home town of Hamilton, Canada.
click image

Johnny Depp's 'Dark Shadows' Will Be Nothing Like The '60s TV Series
click image for more on movie
 The TV show was filled with bloopers and bats on visible wires, but the film promises macabre humor, and a visual retro-70's feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment