Friday, November 9, 2012

Voting is a Right and an Honor, Not a Requirement

Well, I didn't vote in this last election. I sat out for the first time in 25 years. I heard it said that if I didn't vote I dishonored those that fought and died for my right to vote. Nowhere is it written or mandated that I am obligated to vote. I am a veteran and I served to protect such rights as voting and free speech to name just two. Freedom as a registered voter and citizen gives me the honorable right to refuse to vote if I so please without dishonoring anybody. I prefer the devil I know over the devil I don't know. One can be as bad as the other. With that in mind I left it up to those who could find a handle to 'give a damn'. This time I did not. I'll live with the status quo and not complain...Hell, I may just get me some of that welfare and food stamps and enjoy the tree hugging lifestyle! The majority can't all be wrong.
 If you want to hash over the finer points of right over left then have at it. I've made my stand.
I've opted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment