Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Chihuahua:Soon to be a New Addition in My Life

I haven't had a dog in my life since I was about 8 years old when my father introduced me to Berry, a beautiful brown and white collie that stood as tall as I did. Berry was a loyal, intelligent  dog that lived its life in my presence.
 I woke and Berry was there to greet me, she followed me to the bus stop and would be there when I returned. She played and romped with me. I loved her until the day she passed away gently in the night.
I refused to ever own or fall in love with another...until I met Bella.What a difference Bella is from my giant dog Berry.She is a miniature chihuahua and smart as a scholar. Love is something we all try to plan, but true love seems to blindside us more often than not. Here is the example in my life; a chihuahua was the last thing in which I expected to become so fond.
Click for more on this wonderful breed
Graceful, alert and swift-moving with a saucy expression, Chihuahuas are highly intelligent and should not be underestimated even though small in size. The breed can be any color - solid, marked or splashed and the coat may be long or short. These sassy little dogs are well known as "purse dogs" like the famous Bruiser in the movie Legally Blonde starring Reese Witherspoon.
A Look Back
The Chihuahua's history is shrouded in mystery, but some believe he originated from the Fennec Fox, a very small animal with big eyes and ears, which could explain the tiny frame, luminous eyes and large ears on the breed today. Chihuahua's were used in religious ceremonies and were pets to the upper class. The breed derives its name from the Mexican State of Chihuahua, where the earliest specimens of the breed were found.

No comments:

Post a Comment